Well, I didn’t expect that my blogging would take such a back seat when I returned to Canada, but it apparently has. At least at the moment.
My work life is very busy – working part-time but at full-time hours – and now the Christmas season is here. I have been busy baking and shopping and working – my down time is spent watching Christmas shows and spending time with my family. But I really miss my blogging.
I have already made my New Year’s Resolutions – one is to be writing at least weekly blogs, another is to improve my writing skills by writing daily, and the other is to start to travel in Canada to see cities I have not seen in my life. Ottawa is the first city on my list!
So to get my writing back up to speed, I ventured into a book store last week and invested in me! I purchased three books – 500 Writing Prompts, The Book of Me and 52 Lists of Happiness. I am excited about these books and the Book of Me has taken over my quiet time! I have already finished about a third of it – it’s a book literally about me. It asks me questions about my life and it’s a history of everything about me. It has been eye-opening to see my responses. It has me delving into memories I thought were long gone. It feels good to be writing. And now I need to start blogging again!
The 500 Writing Prompts is a book with different ideas of what to write about. I really like the first one, so this is the one I will start with here.
Name the Top Ten Things on your bucket list.
- To write a book.
- To teach kids how to invest in their future.
- To teach adults how they can travel without credit.
- To inspire my children and grandchildren to follow in my footsteps and make their life an incredible adventure.
- To volunteer at a children’s village in Nicaragua as a teacher.
- To put my feet in the Indian Ocean.
- To visit my friends in the Czech Republic.
- To travel to Switzerland. (this has been on my bucket list since my 30’s!)
- To see the Northern Lights in Iceland.
- To go on an African Safari.
I know I will accomplish all of this and more!!! What will you do?