- 1 package chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos), crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons cold milk, divided
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- 1 package Instant chocolate pudding
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips (either semisweet or milk)
Add 36 chocolate cookies to a large zip-top plastic bag and crush until fine crumbs form.
Transfer crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in melted butter. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 baking dish. Press crumbs into the bottom of pan. Place in refrigerator to chill while working on other layers.
Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons milk and mix well. Stir in 1 1/4 cups Cool Whip. Spread mixture over cookie crust.
In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until pudding begins to thicken. Spread mixture over previous layer. Allow the dessert to rest for 5 minutes so the pudding can firm up further.
Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle evenly with mini chocolate chips. Place in freezer for 1 hour or in refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.