Seven years ago, I landed in Italy for my very first European trip. It was an amazing trip, with my daughter along, and meeting so many people from the States, and Australia – some are still friends! This was the trip that put the travel bug in me that hasn’t left. I loved Italy – in particular Venice – and I will definitely make it back there again. Some pictures from my trip!
An awesome moonlit night over Lake Erie
Last night, I decided to break one of my rules of isolation, and had my best friend over for a home cooked meal, some wine, enjoyable conversation and even threw in a game of Tri-Bonds! It was just what we both needed – a night of normalcy during these times.
I’m off today and tomorrow, so today I took advantage of the beautiful weather and went for a nice long walk, sat in the sun for a bit, and then headed over to a lovely bakery close by for a decadent afternoon treat!
What do you do to treat yourself on a beautiful relaxing day off?
An absolutely gorgeous day here in Southern Ontario. The leaves are falling quickly but the day is warm. Glad I was able to go for a walk.
Just want to wish you all a happy and glorious day!
A beautiful Thursday morning today, and what better way to start the day is with a coffee and a BLT! Wishing you all a very happy day.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon hot coffee
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour (or plain flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I used sea salt)
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, (add more if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 2 cookie sheets or baking trays with parchment paper (baking paper).
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, white sugar, butter and vegetable oil. Beat in egg and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir the dry ingredients first before mixing them through the wet ingredients until a dough forms (do not over beat). Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1-2 tablespoonful of dough and place onto prepared baking sheets. Press them down as thick or thin as you want your cookies to come out.
- Bake in hot preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will come out soft from the oven but will harden up as they cool. (Be careful not to over bake as they will dry out.)
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
The colours of Southern Ontario are majestic this time of year.
I know one day I will be able to get back out into this world and travel. But tonight, it has been a night of looking back at where I’ve gone, what I’ve done and what I miss the most. As a single mom, I was able to take my kids, each alone, on some pretty awesome trips. And of course, my travels on my own. I wanted to share some of my favourite memories from over the years.
I do miss travelling but I know that, soon, I will be heading out for another adventure. I am hoping to get to Turkey and Greece for a few weeks in the next year. These boots have gone through China and Chile – they will be coming with me wherever I head to next!
It’s a gloomy day here in Canada, and I have been looking back at some of my favourite places that I’ve travelled to, and some new ones that I will be seeing. It’s always a day to share and here are some pictures and memories of mine!
It’s so lovely to look back at memories made, and to dream of future places to see