An absolutely gorgeous day here in Southern Ontario. The leaves are falling quickly but the day is warm. Glad I was able to go for a walk.
Just want to wish you all a happy and glorious day!
A beautiful Thursday morning today, and what better way to start the day is with a coffee and a BLT! Wishing you all a very happy day.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon hot coffee
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour (or plain flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I used sea salt)
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, (add more if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 2 cookie sheets or baking trays with parchment paper (baking paper).
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, white sugar, butter and vegetable oil. Beat in egg and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir the dry ingredients first before mixing them through the wet ingredients until a dough forms (do not over beat). Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1-2 tablespoonful of dough and place onto prepared baking sheets. Press them down as thick or thin as you want your cookies to come out.
- Bake in hot preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will come out soft from the oven but will harden up as they cool. (Be careful not to over bake as they will dry out.)
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
The colours of Southern Ontario are majestic this time of year.
I know one day I will be able to get back out into this world and travel. But tonight, it has been a night of looking back at where I’ve gone, what I’ve done and what I miss the most. As a single mom, I was able to take my kids, each alone, on some pretty awesome trips. And of course, my travels on my own. I wanted to share some of my favourite memories from over the years.
I do miss travelling but I know that, soon, I will be heading out for another adventure. I am hoping to get to Turkey and Greece for a few weeks in the next year. These boots have gone through China and Chile – they will be coming with me wherever I head to next!
It’s a gloomy day here in Canada, and I have been looking back at some of my favourite places that I’ve travelled to, and some new ones that I will be seeing. It’s always a day to share and here are some pictures and memories of mine!
It’s so lovely to look back at memories made, and to dream of future places to see
My hometown is Welland Ontario – the Rose City. We have beautiful rose gardens in Chippawa Park, a park right near where I live now. The flowers are out in bloom and I love walking through the park at this time of year. Some pictures to share.
Ottawa is Canada’s National Capital. It’s a beautiful, incredibly clean city located on the Rideau Canal. I finally made it last week to this beautiful city. It’s a great walking city and has amazing museums to visit. Here are some of my favourite pictures I wanted to share.