I should be used to the rain living here on the west coast but it just drains me of any energy I may have. I find it very depressing and honestly don’t know how the people who have lived here a long time can actually say it’s great to live here. High gas prices, expensive groceries and the rain – ugh. I’m ready to move!
But since that is not an option at the moment, I’m trying to make the most out of each day, and since it rains every single day, I have to be creative with what I do!
- Go puddle stomping! Of course, I have a grandson who LOVES puddle stomping, so this is a great activity for me to do with him. However, just because you’re an adult doesn’t mean you can put on some rain boots, grab a friend or go alone, and stomp those puddles! It makes for a fun walk and you get exercise too!
- Cuddle up in a blanket, grab a cup of tea or coffee, and read that book you’ve been wanting to read. Or perhaps just lay down and have a nap. It’s okay to nap – sometimes our bodies just need that to reenergize!
- Watch a movie on Netflix (or other streaming channels).
- Go for a drive. It’s fun to take drives and even when it’s raining, you can go for a drive and hit up a new coffee shop you’ve been wanting to try. Or go out for lunch.
- For those who don’t have a car, hop on a bus, get a transfer, and see where it takes you. You are safe and warm and dry in a bus, you don’t have to worry about driving in the rain and you can explore your city! With the benefit of the transfer, you can get on and off the bus for at least a couple of hours.
- For those sports enthusiasts, go to a driving range. Lots of them are covered now, and you can get some fresh air and exercise and still stay dry!
- Another sports suggestion – go bowling! It’s always fun to go and bowl!
- How about going to the public library? It’s free, quiet, and once again indoors!
There are lots of things to do on a rainy day – why not pick one to do, and enjoy the day. That’s what I intend to do!